A medieval pike is a pole weapon, a very long thrusting spear formerly used extensively by infantry. Unlike many similar weapons, the pike is not intended to be thrown. Medieval Pikes were used regularly in European warfare from the early Middle Ages until around 1700. The pike found extensive use with Landsknecht armies and Swiss mercenaries, who employed it as their main weapon and used it in pike square formations. Generally, a spear becomes a medieval pike when it is long enough that it cannot be wielded with one hand in combat.
Medieval pikemen had to be equipped with a shorter weapon such as a sword, mace, or dagger in order to defend themselves should the fighting degenerate into a melee. the pikeman often did not have a shield or had only a small shield of limited use in close-quarters fighting.
The pike was a long weapon, It had a wooden shaft with an iron or steel spearhead affixed. The extreme length of such weapons required a strong wood.
- handle is made of wood, ornamented with fringed fabric plumes
- the head is made in cast metal with a frontal axehead with double curved edge, a rear talon and a central straight spike
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping within 2-3 weeks
Use above calculator to preview shipping costs for your items added to cart. Transportation fee will be added to subtotal at checkout.
- Worldwide shipping via UPS or FedEx.
- Use above calculator to preview shipping costs for your items added to cart. Transportation fee will be added to subtotal at checkout.
RETURN POLICYUntil 14 days after delivery in the original package.
TAXESImport duties included for international orders (Delivered Duty Paid).
- Bank Transfer.
Credit card checkout accepting Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express.
Paypal checkout accepting a wide range of credit cards, including Paypal credit.
- Secure payment through Shopify platform. Our platform comply with the highest level of PCI (Payment Card Industry) standards.