This Spanish breastplate is a high-quality reproduction made in Toledo, Spain.
- one-piece breastplate covering the fore trunk
- decorated with two Fleur-de-Lis
in the centre decorated with an oval coat-of-arms of Castille and Leon regions of Spain
- 24K Gold plated riveted metal sheet
- Natural Size
This type of breastplate was typical of the Spanish armory of the 16th century and was mainly worn by foot soldiers.The breastplate was fastened to the body through leather belts that cross themselves on the back.
In medieval weaponry the breastplate is the front portion of plate armour covering the torso. It has been a military mainstay since ancient times and was usually made of leather, bronze or iron in antiquity.
By around 1000 AD, solid plates had fallen out of use in Europe and knights of the period were wearing mail in the form of a hauberk over a padded tunic. True breastplates reappear in Europe in 1340 first composed of wrought iron and later of steel.
Shipping & Returns
Use above calculator to preview shipping costs for your items added to cart. Transportation fee will be added to subtotal at checkout.
- Worldwide shipping via UPS or FedEx.
- Use above calculator to preview shipping costs for your items added to cart. Transportation fee will be added to subtotal at checkout.
RETURN POLICYUntil 14 days after delivery in the original package.
TAXESImport duties included for international orders (Delivered Duty Paid).
- Bank Transfer.
Credit card checkout accepting Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express.
Paypal checkout accepting a wide range of credit cards, including Paypal credit.
- Secure payment through Shopify platform. Our platform comply with the highest level of PCI (Payment Card Industry) standards.