Cupid and Psyche statue reduction, after the famous masterpiece of Antonio Canova, the statue of Psyche Revived by Cupid's Kiss (In Italian Amore e Psiche). The prime sculpture was first commissioned in 1787 by Colonel John Campbell, and now is regarded as a masterpiece of the romantic Neoclassicism characteristic of Canova, showing the mythological lovers at a moment of great emotion, characteristic of the emerging movement of Romanticism. The statue represents the god Cupid in the height of love and tenderness, immediately after awakening the lifeless Psyche with a kiss. The story of Cupid and Psyche is taken from Lucius Apuleius' Latin novel The Golden Ass (Late 2nd century AD). The first or prime version is located in the Louvre Museum in Paris, France.
Our bonded marble sculpture is produced by combining white Carrara marble powder and resin as a binding material. This material is easily molded in order to achieve incredible details. The sculptures are finished by hand.